Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VPN client 3.5.1 winXP with PIX 525 with failover

Hello!

I want to make a connection with IPSEC (esp+isakmp) between a client PC (windows xp) with Cisco VPN client 3.5.1 and PIX525 with IOS 6.2.

I have a PIX525 with failover.

With primary unit (active) everything is ok, but when i have failover unit activ, communication does'n work.

( FAILOVER become activ by accidentaly reset power supply on both pix (primary and failover).

Thank you, anticipate !

niculae.gheorghe@rarom.ro

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Cisco VPN client 3.5.1 winXP with PIX 525 with failover

I guess it should be expected that when the tunnel endpoint goes down, VPN connectivity will be lost. If you create a new connection entry on a VPN client, you are required to provide the IP address of the remote endpoint. When the remote endpoint is down, ie the active PIX in the failover pair goes down, the VPN connectivity is lost and you will be required to open a new session to the failover PIX (using it's IP). However, considering that failover is not expected to happen often, this should be rarely necessary. Another thing that you might try is to use the 'enable backup server' option on the VPN client. However even here, you will need to reconnect if the PIX failover took place while you were connected.

Re: Cisco VPN client 3.5.1 winXP with PIX 525 with failover

Thank you for your promptitude.

My problem is not with the reconnection.

I can't make a connection if the PIX failover is activ, it works only

with primary unit of PIX.

Best regards, and a lot of thanks.

nick

Views
Helpful
Replies