cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client 3.5.X vs Secure VPN Client 1.1 vs VPN 3000 Client

tkpsimon
Level 1
Level 1

I just wondering, i have try all three client software with different machine(PIX, router, concentrator), are there any document or anyone out there that could sum up which one is the best on what applications. sometime it's kind of confustion when they mix up together. i just want to find out at least what is their advantage or disadvantage.

i know a lot of people out there should have a lot of experience with them, any comment would be appreciate. Thank you

3 Replies 3

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The VPN 3000 and Cisco VPN client 3.5.x is the same, we called it is sometimes referred to as the Cisco VPN Unified client since it could be used on PIX, VPN3K and IOS. The Cisco Secure VPN Client 1.1 is an older client that runs only on 95/98/NT and only for IOS/PIX would be end of sale. The best bet is to run

the Cisco VPN client 3.5.x as it could run on multiple OS platforms, supports different Cisco VPN headend. This is where development is being done, while nothing would be done anymore on the 1.1 client.

vijkrish
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/707/cmatrix.shtml

in case you are not aware. Sums up the whole story of what is supported on what. As Cris pointed out, VPN client 3.5 is the way to to.

Hope this helps,

Vijay.

Thanks man!!! exactly what i'm looking for!