Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco vpn client 3.x with Cisco pix

Hi,

I have Cisco pix 5.15 with iso 6.1(4) I configured the Cisco pix to accept vpn connection. I configured windows 2000 to act as Internet Authentication Server. Then i installed vpn clinet on my mobile user. He dials into isp and after which he used the vpn client it aks for the username and password for radius server. Everything is working fine. I am able to browse my web server i am able search for computers but i could not browse my local area network using network neighbourhood and it is showing only this particular system. Also i am not able to browse any web sites. The dns resolution is happening but the page could not be displayed. my inside network is 192.168.1.0 and i created access-list like

access-list 108 permit ip 192.168.1.0 192.168.5.0 and nat 0 for that. The clients will be given the 192.168.5.0 ip address.

Even i tried to create a Port address translation by giving

nat(inside) 3 192.168.5.0

global(outside) 3 x.x.x.x

This is apart from the other nat statements for 192.168.1.0 network.

How can i configure so that the mobile users after connecting to our network browse both local and internet. I am able to ping computers by name configure outlook connecting pcanywhere between the vpn client and our network.

Can anyone please adivce me how could i achieve this.

Thanks in Advance

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Cisco vpn client 3.x with Cisco pix

To brows an MS windows network you will need to enable the windows networking client on the mobile users DUN adapter, this would normally be disabled on an ISP dialup connection.

You would need to enable split tunneling in the PIX configuration, without this local internat access from the remote client is closed off.

I don't believe you are able to connect from the client to the PIX then back out again onto the internet, well not on the same device...

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.