Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VPN client 4.0.3

Hi,

No one replied to my last post, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I just finished configurating a vpn connection on my PIX 506E firewall. Now my problem seems to be when I connect, I can't ping any machines, and I can't browse the network. I've enabled "allow LAN access" on the client but I still don't seem to have access. In the log I have the following message "Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xA3000067 Received Unexpected InitialContact Notify (PLMgrNotify:841). I've read the following article "http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/vpn-net-hood.html#ping" but it hasn't really helped me. Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco VPN client 4.0.3

Hi,

Are you using NAT by any chance, Because I have seen problems when NAT is used.

Check your IP Sec configurations, especially the phase 1 (isakmp policies) configurations.

I had the same issue with a 515 and 501 pix and after I use the following command, I was able to ping the inside hosts:

isakmp nat-traversal 20

Uriel Naranjo.

Silver

It's probably a NAT or ACL issue. Post your VPN config including any commands starting with [crypto] and [isakmp].

You need to make sure tha internal traffic isn't NATted [nat 0] when returning to the tunnel. Also, you must either use [sysopt connection permit-ipsec] or create ACL entries on the outside interface to allow your tunneled traffic in.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content