cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client affecting Win2003 Terminal Services

whktcmsmith
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 Win2003 Terminal Servers that need cisco vpn client to connect to our tax lodging service. We have been stuck on ver 3.6.3 for several years now as none of the newer clients connect with the newer versions. I have just tried 4.8 and it solved the connection problem but it seems to have affected the overall file browsing/opening/saving performance. The issue occurs immediately after the software is installed and the server restarted, no just when the client is actively connected. The one server I did not do the upgrade on for fallback reasons did not have the performance issue. The issue was resolved by going back to the old version, this is not ideal as the old software while working fine, also causes a vsdatant.sys error for each user logging onto the server. Is there anything we can do to tune the new software so it does not affect local network performance.

1 Reply 1

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

Poor performance could be due to the fact that MSS (TCP Maximun Segment Size) not being negociated between the VPN client and the VPN gateway. What VPN gateway the clients are connecting to? I heard there are MSS issues with the VPN concentrators.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: