Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cisco VPN Client and LAN Access

Hi,

Can anyone offer any reasons why the cisco client fails to allow vpn traffic top pass when it is being used inside a lan. I have a customer that is using ms connection sharing (god help us) and the client connects but they cannot ping any inside device. If the client is used outside via dialup it works. I have a similar issue if I use the client inside a network protected by a PIX firewall. This usually doesn't connect (to my recolection) but if I take the laptop directly into the router it connects.

Thanks for your time.

Andy

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Cisco VPN Client and LAN Access

I have the same issue. See the last post on this forum. Sorry for the duplicate

Community Member

Sorry for being a bit thick but what last post?

Whats the subject called?

EDIT:

*****scratch the above I have worked out what ou mean now*****

- In addition to what you are asking my question would be "Why do other vpn clients connect fine through my pix, I have an Intel 3110 client that can connect fine through the pix as its setup, it just seems the cisco client fails?

thanks

Andy

Community Member

Hi!

The problem you have is very common. When using a VPN Client in a PC, the NIC from you are accessing tha LAN has to be the same where the VPN tunnel is to be established. So, you can't have a PC using a modem to dial-up to the Internet, use the VPN Cliente to to make a Internet connection to an IPSEC gateway and, at the same time, use your LAN NIC to access the local LAN.

Regards,

ovieira

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content