cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client Install error on Win 2K Pro (Connection Sharing)

markholbrook
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user trying to install the CISCO VPN client who is encountering an error during install. It states that Microsoft Connection Sharing is on the system and cannot continue the load. I have had them uninstall the package (MSCS) and disable the service and still the error persists. He is using Windows 2000 Pro. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Are you there at the site or talking him through it over the phone? I see this all the time on XP and there is a known work around. Could he be mistaken (or lying) about his OS I have never ran across this on w2k though. Anyone?

I just ran across this myself on Win2k Pro. One of their dial up or network connections has the "share this connection" checked.

Right click network neighborhood, select properties, right click each of the connections listed and select properties and go to the "sharing" tab. Make sure sharing is not selected.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: