cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco vpn client not able to connect to cisco 3005

vinay
Level 1
Level 1

Some of my users are seeing the following message when they try to connect to the Cisco 3005. "Remote peer terminated connection". They were working fine , this started happening suddenly. In the client logs i see the following "Phase 2 exchange timeout". The interesting part is the same users can connect to another cisco 3005 concentrator on the same subnet as the first one.

I have ticket opened with tac.. but wanted to see if anybody has seen anything like this or can explain to me what is going on here.. I can provide more details if anyone is interested..

2 Replies 2

andifur
Level 1
Level 1

Reboot the 3005. I have seen this when using external authentication like NT/2000 or even ACS. Usually a reboot fixes it.

I have found the problem. It might sound strange but, it was the banner.. That was causing some users not able to connect. I removed the banner and everything is working now again..

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: