Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VPN Client not connectiong from behind PIX Firewall

I have a customer with a PIX firewall that terminates Client to site VPN connections with the cisco VPN Client. Everything works fine. The only time i have a problem connecting is if I launch the client from behind a PIX firewall. It works fine from behind other firewalls such as checkpoint and lucent just not PIX. Any ideas ??

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco VPN Client not connectiong from behind PIX Firewall

Sounds to me as if their PIX firewall is doing PAT, with using nat and global statements, and they try to use the client while the VPN peer which they connect to does not provide NAT transparancy.

Or, it could be that there are rules on this PIX interfaces which are preventing this traffic.

Please give us some more information, like:

- is it indeed a Port Address Translated connection which the VPN client travels, when it is behind the PIX?

- How is the client configured, UDP over NAT, TCP over NAT, or none translation supported

- What version of client are you using?

- What kind of component is the VPN peer you try to connect to (vendor, type and version if possible)

I´m sure that we can help you out then.

Kind Regards,

Leo

Re: Cisco VPN Client not connectiong from behind PIX Firewall

I thought that even if the firewall is using PAT as long as you check the ipsec through NAT box then it will be fine. why too does this work from behind other firewalls. Im stumped

Views
Helpful
Replies