cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Client & Vista SP1 (Beta)

friedmanllp
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running the latest Cisco VPN client 5.x, & just upgraded my Vista to SP1 beta. The Cisco Systems service no longer starts (to be accurate, it does start, then 5 seconds later, with cpvnd.exe crashing. I have already tried uninstalling the vpn client, removing all files & registry entries, rebooting, then reinstalling.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

The following recommendations and caveats apply to the automatic installation of AnyConnect client software on client PCs:

To minimize user prompts during AnyConnect client setup, make sure certificate data on client PCs and on the security appliance match: If you are using a Certificate Authority (CA) for certificates on the security appliance, choose one that is already configured as a trusted CA on client machines.

If you are using a self-signed certificate on the security appliance, be sure to install it as a trusted root certificate on clients.

The procedure varies by browser. See the procedures that follow this section. Make sure the Common Name (CN) in security appliance certificates matches the name clients use to connect to it. By default, the security appliance certificate CN field is its IP address. If clients use a DNS name, change the CN field on the security appliance certificate to that name. The Cisco Security Agent (CSA) might display warnings during the AnyConnect client installation

Umedryk,

I think you replied to the wrong post.

I am running VPN client 5.x, using Ipsec on Vista SP1 (beta). The VPN service starts for 5 seconds, then crashes.

Cisco systems vpn client stopped working and was closed.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am having the exact same problem, and I have not yet upgraded to SP1. What is even more interesting is that it appears intermittent -- but i cannot detect the patterns. It never works from home, but it sometimes work in a hotel room.

I wish there was a way to troubleshoot why the service is shutting down -- Is there a way to try a debug version of the service? to detect why the service is halting?

So do I ! the process is killed automatically when i restart it. Do you solve this issue ?

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: