Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco vpn clinet status

We have Cisco pix and configured for site to client vpn. The client connects and everything is working fine but when i see the status bar of the vpn client from the client system i see local lan access- disabled and transparent tunnelling --disabled. I have checked the allow local lan in the vpn client 3.x properties. Then why am i getting local lan access disabled and what is transparent tunnelling and what should i do to make it active from the client side.

How many simultanious connection does the pix can handle in related to site to client vpn?

Thanks in Advance

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Cisco vpn clinet status

The maximum number of concurrent tunnels is model dependant. PIX 515R for example can handle a maximum of 2000 connections. This number is independant of whether the tunnel is Lan-to-Lan or from a remote client. Similarly, the 506 can handle a maximum of 6 tunnels. This information specific to your model should be available in the products data sheet.

I know it was a while ago since you posted this but did you ever find out why you get this client status problem ?

I am having the same problem but a cisco rep told me that is was because the stateful firewall option was on but it's not.

I might be wrong here but if I am not mistaken, transparent tunneling only appears when connecting from behind a firewall. The local lan access states the same thing here as well (disabled) but its fully up and running.

Still i have the same problem. Though i check the Local LAN access and give the timing, in the status i see local lan access disabled. I have not tried on the Latest Cisco Pix VPN client software.

The Transparent Tunneling and Local LAN Access settings on the client have no effect unless these options are also enabled on the head-end device. You can use these with a 3000 series concentrator, but they may not be supported on the PIX.

Thanks a lot for your information

If you end up getting a response on related bugs or problems with PIX / VPN client limitations please let me know. We have been tracking down a solution for this issue for a while now and no answer has been found. We have a PIX 515e with a 506 (connected site to site, no problems) we also have clients using various ADSL connections etc, when we hit 8 ipsec tunnels we allow connections to the pix but it stops creating tunnels thus no network access.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content