Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO VPN DIALER ON W2K TERMINAL SERVER - CONNECTION PROBLEM

I have installed the CISCO VPN dialer (3.5.1 (B) ) on my win2000 terminal server and it will connect from the console. If I use a terminal server connection it hangs on Authenticating User. Any ideas on where I need to make a change. I installed the software remotely but can't figure out the connection issue. Can I use it with terminal server 2000? Thanks, Scott Campbell

scott.campbell@mapics.com

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CISCO VPN DIALER ON W2K TERMINAL SERVER - CONNECTION PROBLEM

Just make sure to first get the User Authentication working Internally on the Concentrator before you use an External server to do the same. Looking at what the logs say at the Concentrator may give you an answer, if its an Auth reject then the Server replied saying "I don't know who you are" . If its a Auth Fail message then the Server wasn't accessible at the time.

Hope this helps,

Aamir

Re: CISCO VPN DIALER ON W2K TERMINAL SERVER - CONNECTION PROBLEM

Aamir, thanks for the info. I don't think I did a good job presenting the problem. I have a WIN2000 terminal server sitting on my network. I loaded the CISCO dialer to access a customer in Asia. If I am (log in) sitting at the console of the terminal server, it works. If I make a terminal server connection to the server and then try and use the VPN dialer, it hangs Authenticating User. Then the final message is "remote peer is no longer responding". I think this is just a 90 second time out. I don't have access to the logs because they are at the customer site in Asia. Again, thanks for your time. Scott.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content