cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Software connection behind Linksys Wireless Router BEFW11S4

btrice
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few customers who have the Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. They are able to authenticate through the wireless, but not traffic is passed. The user then plugs into the 4 port switch on the router and they authenticate and traffic begins to flow. I have had success with another customer who uses a Seimens DSL router with the Linksys WAP11 Access point and has had success using the Cisco VPN Client across the wireless. Does anyone know of the settings on the Linksys router that need to be changed to allow VPN Traffic to pass across the wireless network?

2 Replies 2

David_Coleman
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem that was fixed by updating the firmware on the router. Easy to download from the Linksys website with instructions.

cooper.dave
Level 1
Level 1

Also, when you upgrade the firmware for the device ( make sure you get the right firmware update pre ver 2, or after ver 2 models arent compatible ). Then enable IPSEC pass-thru and or port forward tcp/udp 10000 to a specific internal IP... (TCP or UDP depending on your conectrator allow ruleset).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: