cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN unable to resolve with WINS

stevenhitchin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco VPN Client 3.1 connecting to a Cisco PIX Firewall IOS 6.1, Authentication is fine but Cannot resolve Ip addresses to Netbios names. Have specified WINS-Server

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Her is my standard "Make sure Client for MS Networks and File and Print Sharing are turned on" message and after that try a HOST file

I also am having the same problem and have checked that both File and Print sharing are turned on and have put every server in the host file. Interestingly enough we have users that have cable modems that get through just fine and are able to do name resolution. However, DSL users all experience this issue IP connectivity is just fine but any type of name resolution doesn't work any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

jliscano
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue as well even though I specify the WINS address. I can ping the WINS address fine but no name resolution. I resolved it by using hosts file as well. Although, some clients work fine without the hosts file and the configs are the same throughout the stations.

Additional information concerning my previous post:

Client: 3.1 (I tried 3.5 with XP as well)

Hardware: PIX OS 6.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: