cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works 2000 Backup strategy

rrussell
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CW2K on NT with the RME, DFM, VPN, and CMF components. Our backups are currently taking over 20 hours to complete (I'm assuming it's hanging on the database).

What directories/subdirectories should I be backing up to capture all the necessary configuration information, as well as the system configs, and any other data required in the event of a system failure?

Thank you,

Ron Russell

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Depending upon the number of devices that you're currentlty managing and how often you run the backup, it could take time.

We've got approx 600 devices and we do incremental backups nightly. It's taking 20 hours every night, and we're only backin up 3.3GB of data within the CSCOpx directory. This is impacting our backup window significantly. What I'd like to determine is which directorys/subdirectories are essential to a system restore in the event of a system failure.

You probably need a full backup of the entire CSCOpx directory once. For operational data use the build in backup feature of CW2000 (Server Configuration > Administration > Database Management > Schedule Backup).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: