cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works

EPHRAIM MANI
Level 3
Level 3

i have a router 2650 XM and want to configure it for cisco works, i have enabled snmp on my router and read and write community string.my router is detected by mrtg software but i am unable to detect the same on cisco works.

i have configured router in cisco works with its ip address and snmp community strings

regards

Ephraim

3 Replies 3

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Dont know much about cisco works, but there are usually MIBS for hardware platforms. may be u dont have it?

Just curious if you have tried some other snmp manager and successfully discovered the router?

Thanks

Nadeem

There is router of same series and model already in the network so it cant be a mib issue.

also the same router is detected by HP Openview so the snmp is working with router .

moriarty7
Level 1
Level 1

Ephraim, You also need to provide Cisco Works a valid password and enable password (or TACACS account information) for it to add the device. You can go to your device management, and look at the device that is not successfully added to your inventory. There is an option to check the settings that will tell you if something is reporting as being incorrect. Be certain you do not have an access list blocking SNMP access, and if so, add your cworks server to it.