Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Clarity with using Access List - Can they be nested together?

i have multiple access list to apply to various interfaces - however, I want to nest the access together. Is that function possible within ASA platform?

5 REPLIES

Re: Clarity with using Access List - Can they be nested together

Hi Alphonso

You can nest 2 different ACLs into 1 single ACL. All you need is a notepad. Paste both ACLs, then choose the replace command in notepad to change the ACL names into one single name. Then paste it to CLI.

You can not use more than 1 ACL per interface.

Regards

Sorry, I wasn't clear...

I want to know if I can have a ACL call another ACL - if so, please provide a URL...

Regarding your notes - it confusing - is there a URL..

I am not aware of a way to nest acl's, but you can use object groups to group things together and the call them in an acl.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/traffic.html#wp1053224

can you provide a URL regarding this example of merging to ACLs?

Alphonso,

Can you please describe what exactly you want to achieve? When I read "ACL calling ACL" i understand a condition and when condition met, you want specific ACLs to apply. This kind of a process is called Downloadable Access Lists and work RADIUS user or group based. But as I mentioned above, if you describe what you are on to, I would make suggestions.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content