cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Access & AVG at start of semester....aaaargh

nagel
Level 1
Level 1

So I was notified this morning that newest version of Free AVG is not recognized by CCA.  Is that what others are seeing also..... This gets so dam frustrating that I want to whack a baby seal....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagel,

Called a "Compliance module" now, it can add functionality of detecting new AV/ASs without upgrading your agent/CAS/CAM.

More details here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/48/cam/m_agntd.html#wp1127472

HTH,

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Nagel,

What version is it exactly? 4.8 notes say we support upto 9. I can find out if you share the exact version.

Thanks,

Faisal

--

We are currently at 4.72 - Which we just upgraded to 6 months ago..  The upgrade procedure is tedious at best and I was hoping to get thru at least a year before having to schedule down time to do the next upgrade... There should be an easier way besides doing complete software upgrade to stay current with vendor software.... For this reason alone I would welcome any other NAC vendor to contact me regarding moving to a different platform....Cisco NAC takes up way too much time to maintain, and feed, and groom, etc.

Nagel,

Sorry for the frustrations! Ironically, the answer to fix this is also an upgrade. 4.8 allows one to upgrade the AV support without upgrading the agent or the CAM/CAS, but that functionality exists in 4.8 only so far. What was the particular version of AVG that wasn't working?

Faisal

--

Actually, the newest version of Free AVG is AVG 10.x which is being billed as Free AVG 2011.  Thankfully it appears that there is not a "push" for existing AVG Clients but new AVG Users are the issue for now.

So if I understand you correctly the 4.8 version will eliminate CAS/CAM Software upgrades in order to recognize latest and greatest AV Vendor releases?  Does this then become a function of the CAS agent?

Nagel,

Called a "Compliance module" now, it can add functionality of detecting new AV/ASs without upgrading your agent/CAS/CAM.

More details here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/48/cam/m_agntd.html#wp1127472

HTH,

Faisal

--

nagel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply on this thread....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: