cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean access host based policy

joshstroup
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization is using clean access, and I am trying to get host based policies to work. The cisco support person told me we have a problem with asymmetric routing in our network which is causing DNS traffic to go through the CAS but not back through it on the return route.

I am wondering how to isolate and resolve this problem. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Create a host-based policy access for access to remediation sites when users are in quarantine role. Use the drop-down menu to choose Agent Quarantine Role

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6128/prod_technical_reference09186a0080540637.html

Haha, I guess you did not read my original message which stated I was having a PROBLEM with host-based policies. I already know how to set them up; it's just they were not working ok.

Turned out I had an asymmetric route in our network, and fixing that allowed the DNS traffic to go both ways. It's working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: