Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Clean Access Manager and Microsoft Certs error

So I am ditty bopping through the always highly detailed Cisco procedures for adding my own root cert as a trusted certificate authority on my Clean Access Manager ver. 4.5.0 . I have generated a request, received my cert from my onsite root CA (we are our own self signed root CA), and am trying to import it when I get the error "Must include end entity certificate ... ". Not knowing what this is or what it might mean, I Google it and find responses that only deepened my puzzlement. Stumped, I try the Cisco site with no success, not a single hit on this error message. So, finally, I am posting here. I have tried to import the PEM encoded CA-signed cert as per instructions. Sadly I get this message. There is NO intermediate CA (we are a small shop) so I am genuinely clueless here. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Clean Access Manager and Microsoft Certs error

The last certificate in the certification path is not an intermediate certificate and is an end entity certificate, but it can also be a CA certificate. The file "caCerts" contains the collection of end entity certificates on the CAM/CAS.

Views
Helpful
Replies