cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Access Manager Invalid License Detected

petrisiiskonen
Level 1
Level 1

I moved Clean Access Manager from VMWare ESX 3.5 to VMWare vsphere 4.0. After moving the server Clean Access manager authentication and management web-site stopped working. When i go to CAM web site i get following errors(compelete error page as attachment). And there is also message about invalid license in perfigo.log file. How can I fix it?

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.String.indexOf(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.String.indexOf(Unknown Source)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.LicenseInfoManager.validateMAC(LicenseInfoManager.java:400)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.LicenseInfoManager.importFlexLMlicence(LicenseInfoManager.java:481)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.LicenseInfoManager.isValidFlexLMLicense(LicenseInfoManager.java:267)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.SmartManagerConf.loadFeaturesFromLicense(SmartManagerConf.java:262)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.SmartManagerConf.load(SmartManagerConf.java:240)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.SmartManagerConf.<init>(SmartManagerConf.java:144)

at com.perfigo.wlan.web.admin.SmartManagerConf.getInstance(SmartManagerConf.java:153)

at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspService(main_jsp.java:73)

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

CCA server or manager aren't supported in virtual environments.

Faisal

How i can remove the invalid license(from command prompt) and install new, i can't access web-interface because of the changed MAC-address.

CCA manager has worked fine on VMWare since year 2006 when we installed it. Problem came when we moved CCA manager from one ESX server to another and MAC-address changed.

You'll have to delve in the database and empty out the license table. This is completely out of realm of support for CCA though, so I can't post an unsupported procedure on NetPro forums.

I can tell you though that the underlying database is postgres, the database name is controlsmartdb, and the table you're looking for is flexlm_licenses; If you do empty out the licenses table, be ready to install all your CAS and CAM licenses on it again.

I would have advised opening a TAC case, but TAC will refuse support to you since you're running your environment on virtual hardware, which is unsupported through and through.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card