Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Access OOB Mac error

fielderj
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever encountered this error?:

SW_Management 2006-06-23 15:43:10 Unable to process out-of-band login request from [00:00:00:00:00:00 ## 10.30.13.17] jfielder. Cause: MAC address of 10.30.13.17 not found.

I have a standard OOB deployment using mac-notification and a default port config with snmp mac-notification added.

My vlan mapping is working fine, the clients boot up and get dhcp addys and get to the web login, but upon trying to authenticate, I receive that error in the logs and the user is displayed this error on the webpage:

OOB Error: MAC address of 10.30.13.17 not found. Please contact your network administrator.

I've replicated the same problem in both ver 3.5.3 and 4.0.0.

Any ideas?

6 Replies 6

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

check out whether you are using the correct SNMP community string or else Implement OOB management port lock down

JOSH GANT
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

We have dealt with the problem. Clean access will only allow linkup notification with our 6513 switch. The problem resolved itself when we changed our configuration over to linkup notification. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thats correct. cat6500 with IOS doesnt support mac notification. It is tentatively targeted for Early next year. For the time being, we will have to use link up notification as a workaround.

Thanks

-Alok

jmagnusson
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue...

Did you resolve this issue? If so how? Details please...

Thanks in advance..

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I am trying this on the 3560 switch. Do anyone have the solution for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: