Views
Helpful
Replies

Clear XLATE on PIX 6.3(4)

BertBruner
Level 1
Level 1

On a PIX 515 with a 6.3(4) OS:

I removed a NAT Static and added a PAT static with the same local address but a different global address. I then did a "CLEAR XLATE LOCAL XXX" where XXX is the local address in the Static. "Show XLATE" displayed the new mapping, but I was unable to actually connect to the resource until doing a "CLEAR XLATE" (with no qualifiers).

Am I missing something important here? Why should it be necessary to clear more than the one existing NAT mapping for the local address?

2 Replies 2

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

would it be possible that the the "mapped ip" in the new pat static statement has already been mapped to some other host?

so by clearing the xlate with the "real ip" only, it wouldn't map as the "mapped ip" is already in use.

No. The new new IP and port were not already assigned. In fact, a show XLATE revealed that the new mapping was in the XLATE table and there were incomming "hits" showing in the access-list.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card