Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Client on 2 separate VPNs?

I apoligize if this is a stupid question, I'm new to VPN..

Can a client be on two separate VPNs at once? Here's the scenario: I've got a guy who's connecting to his company's Cisco VPN via a 1600. Can I put him on my little VPN run by a PIX 501 at the same time? I suppose I could have him use soft-clients and then connect and disconnect as needed, but he wants to use the 1600 as the termination device and not deal with it.

Any thoughts?

Gracias.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Client on 2 separate VPNs?

The VPN client SW will only build one tunnel at a time, so he'll have to disconnect from the 1600 and reconnect to your PIX.

If you want to get clever, you could build a LAN-to-LAN tunnel between the 1600 and your PIX, and then if he builds a client VPN to the 1600 the 1600 can reroute the packet back over the L2L VPN to behind your 501.

I'm wondering if the guy with the 1600 can have the 1600 router (not the soft client) be a VPN client to his company's VPN and the VPN terminated by my PIX at the same time.

If I can't do this, I'll problably have to have him use the 1600 as a hardware VPN client to his company and then just punch a non-VPN hole through my PIX for traffic originating from his router. He doesn't want to deal with the soft client. Got any suggestions?

so this works? I have a client that will have a tunnel between their corp in chicago and their mail in a co-lo in stlouis. People would like to vpn to corp for file access, but they don't want to get off that and get onto the vpn in stl to get mail. I can have them get into corp and then ride the vpn that already exists to stl? That would be great!! Anything special I need to do?

How about this..

Can the client with the 1600 be a VPN client to his company, and a VPN server to the other lan with the PIX?

(I'm using cisco routers and firewalls)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content