cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client won't connect after changing local router

leewrenn627
Level 1
Level 1

I have been establishing VPN from my home to my workplace using Cisco 4.04 client provided by my employer with transport configured for transparent tunneling, IPSec over UDP(Nat/Pat). Recently changed my router on the client machine to DLink DFL200 and cannot establish a connection. Error dialogue: Secure VPN Connection terminated by the Client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding. I have enabled the option to allow all VPN traffic in the router config. Obviously something is getting blocked. Is there a technical document that would identify the types of traffic that must be allowed on this type of connection so I can create additional allow rules in the router.

Thank you.

Lee Wrenn

2 Replies 2

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

You need permitt following:

protocol ESP (protocol number 50)

UDP port 500

UDP port 4500

M.

Hope that helps, rate if it does

Thank you for your reply. I thought for sure you were on the right track. I have created allow rules in and out for all services listed in my router configuration with "ipsec and l2tp" in the name (protocol esp was included). I also added udp ports 500 and 4500 (both directions)suggested in your post. Still getting the same message. I have started from a full reset and rebuilt all rules. I have the latest firmware. I think I may have a defective router. It has locked up multiple times while in the configuration GUI. Thanks again for your reply.