Views
Helpful
Replies

clients able to access some intranet pages but not other

paulnigel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

my cisco vpn clients(windows 2003 domain users) is able to access intranet on the windows domain that they belong to. however, they are unable to access pages belong to other domain. why?

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Did you try pinging the server. If might notice that its IP host address was not in you tunnel ACL

Hi Pengke11,

I can't ping the server, but i have specified "any" for remote hosts to access, this is not advisable right?

thanks and regards,

paul

Paul,

Are you using split-tunneling with the VPN Client? If so, did you use the split-dns option? This option allows you not to specify an accesslist to be tunneled but a list of domain-names that are to be tunneled through the vpn.

If so, you should add the second domain as well in the command (you can specify up to 8 domains with the split-dns option (vpngroup split-dns ... ) )

Hope this helps

PS: Can you try to telnet to the ip-address of the webserver on port 80 for the site that you cannot reach?

Hi nefkensp,

sorry for the late reply. I will try your suggestion and let you know.

split dns - will read up in this area.

Thanks and Best regards,

paul

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Could you please elaborate the matter a bit more.

AFAI Understand from what you have wrote is that you are NOT able to access the webpages from the Webservers who are part of the same Forest of Windows 2003 ADS but from different ADS domains?

If this is correct, then I should say that you should check the permissions on the IIS WebServer first and then try to find the fault anywhere else.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Hi Samuel,

sorry for the late reply. pretty busy.

yes you are right, I am not able to access the web pages from the webservers from the same forest but different ADS domains. could it be the fact that I am using different range of IP address for the VPN clients, and this range is not registered with the Windows 2003 environment?

I will check the IIS server first.

Thanks and Best regards,

Paul