Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

clients joining NT domain from behind firewall

Hello,

I have put numerous clients behind our 515e and they work fine accept if you try to join the domain from behind it. If you are already part of the domain when you go behind it you are okay, it is only if you have to join it once you are put behind. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Jim Kiddoo

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: clients joining NT domain from behind firewall

Be sure that the firewall is allowing the netbios ports to pass (udp 137 and 138).

Thanks fo rth reply. I actually have all ports passing through to the domain controllers

Thanks anyway

Jim

I may have been hasty, Here is the message I get in the logs

>Jan 13 2003 11:18:09: %PIX-3-305005: No translation group found for udp src intf2:10.0.1.72/138 dst inside:bdcfireinside/138

bdcfireinside is on the inside interface, the clients are on interface 2 there is a domain controller on the interface 2 also. Any ideas why they are connecting to that domain controller in another interface instead of its own?

Thanks

Jim

I am still getting a ton of those messages trying to connect to port udp 138. Any idea why the clients from one interface are trying that port and mainly why is it being blocked. I have opened all traffic across the interfaces. I get one error message about every second. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content