Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Commands to monitor particular connection in pix 515

Hello ,

We have got pix 515 with IOS ver 6.2(1). We have created an access-list & NAT for one of customer requirement to access a server behind the firewall. Sadly , customer can't able to connect to server inside . Is there any command like debug to monitor on the firewall for troubleshooting of this particular connection only (FYI , syslog is not enabled in fireawll ) . I tried with "show logging " comamnd which gives minimum information.

Regards,

Raju

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Commands to monitor particular connection in pix 515

Hi Raju,

You could try cmd: debug packet

To stop debug use cmd: no debug all

The above will show you how/were the source IP (in this case your customer IP) is traversing over the PIX. Pls. be aware the debug cmd can generate HIGH cpu usage, so not recommended on production PIX.

Can you also post the result and PIX config if your still having problems - Pls. remember to exclude 'real' IP's and passwords etc.

Thanks --

Is the server the customer is trying to access in a DMZ, or on you actual internat network? Do you have a stattric command setup for the internal server to external address?

Hi!

Thanks for your reply . The server is located inside our Network (secured Network ). I do have a static command with external address for the server . We have similar entries for some other customers with different IP addresses and it's all working fine in secured way other than this new customer . I want to to know some commands like trace or something like that to findout what does firewall do when it receives packet or request from this new customer .

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content