Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

communication problem while VPN client connecting through a Pix

I have one VPN Client ver 3.5 connected through a VPN tunnel to PIX 515 firewall at another site through the internet, what's weird, when the VPN tunnel is up, the pc couldn't ping pcs on his local network (just when you bring the VPN tunnel down he can ping them), seems that when the tunnel is up, all the packets are encrypted, we tried to use the split command (but i read that this command is useful only with a Concentrator), is there any way to disable packets going to local devices not to pass through the Tunnel? (having the knowledge that here we can't use an access list to decide wether to go through the tunnel or not, dynamic crypto map is implemented)

Regards

Joseph

1 REPLY
Green

Re: communication problem while VPN client connecting through a

If you click the "Options" button, then "Properties," you should be presented with a window with a checkbox for "Allow Local LAN Access."

This is the same screen where you can define how you'd like your VPN traffic to pass firewalls.

Split Tunnel only applies to accessing resources outside of the tunnel (i.e., the Internet). For security reasons, most places would prefer that a client not be concurrently connected to secure (the company) and unsecure (everywhere else beyond the company firewall) resources. Once the client is connected to the company LAN via VPN, the company usually allows access to the Internet through the company's secure connection.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies