cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concentrator SSL Certificate Expirtation

rick13175
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting the following message alert from my 3000 Concentrator: SSL certificate will expire in 26 daysIssuer. It appears that this certificate (public/private) as well as an identity certificate are being issued by one of our 2003 servers (not 3rd party). I'm tempted to press the renew buttons on each of these certificates; however, being new to this arena, I'm leary about what might (or might not ) happen. My research tells me that this may result in the certificate being rejected. Can someone give me an overview of what these certificates are doing and what I need to do to get myself back into comfortable breathing status again? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

What the concentrator is trying to tell you the SSL certificate install on the concentrator will expire in 26 days unless a new SSL certificate is recreated.

To recreate a new SSL certificate go to:

Administration | Certificate Management | SSL Certificates

On the interface that show the SSL certificate with a Expiration Date of mm/dd/yyyy, click

on the generate under the action field. Accept the default setting and client on the generate button.

Try this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/installdigital.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

What the concentrator is trying to tell you the SSL certificate install on the concentrator will expire in 26 days unless a new SSL certificate is recreated.

To recreate a new SSL certificate go to:

Administration | Certificate Management | SSL Certificates

On the interface that show the SSL certificate with a Expiration Date of mm/dd/yyyy, click

on the generate under the action field. Accept the default setting and client on the generate button.

Try this link for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/installdigital.html

Thanks very much. I will give it a try. I was thinking it was a fairly simple matter to correct but wanted some expert advice before I preceeded.

Clicking on generate is the right answer for self signed certificates. Since you indicate that there is an Identity Certificate and certificates for public and private that were issued by a server in your network I wonder if renew would not be a better choice.

Since the posting was 2 days ago I wonder if you have done something with the certificates and if so did the generate approach work?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

generating the ssl certificates seemed to work; however, I accepted the defaults and instead of the certificates being issued by my local ca server, it thinks its being issued by cisco systems. I don't know if this is going to work or for how long. I tried renewing them and it bombed miserably. I don't even know what these certificates do but from what I've read, it has something to do with the https management interface. My identity certificate doesn't have a 'generate' option only renew or delete. I have tried renewing and it bombs as well. It shows up in enrollment status however when I click to install and use cut and paste, I get the following message: Error installing identity certificate: Bad file format. Not having had to deal with certificates until now, I find this whole thing confusing and frustrating. I'm finding Cisco documentation to be worthless as it might as well be trying to tell me how to shave a peanut. I thought I read somewhere that you need to delete the certificate first before trying to renew, but I am extremly reluctant to do so. Any comments would be most appreciated.

Try this..

Go to Administration-->Certificate Management-->Renewal

1. select re-enrollment radio button

2. use PKCS10 as enrollment method

3. input password (if required by the CA)

4. click renew

Pls rate if this helps.