cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concurrent VPN connections from same client.

dangelone
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I just recently installed and configured a few users to access my site through our VPN Concentrator 3005 using PPTP client. I have one client that

needs more than one user to access at the same time. I just received a call saying that the VPN will not allow them to connect concurrently and then when the existing VPN connection ends it allows the other person to connect..

In the live event log it shows the log as "4999 11/06/2001 15:43:320 sev=4 pptp/33 rpt=83 (their IpAddress) PPTP tunnel for peer(their IPAddress)

denied"...

Is there some setting that needs to be changed globally to allow more than one user from the same site to connect through to our VPN... Please let me

know if you need more info and thanks for the help, its greatly appreciated in advance.

Don Angelone

Syndicated Services Company Inc.

Network Administrator

dangelone@sscnh.com

1-603-622-4220

2 Replies 2

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

It looks like they are using NAT with a single external address. Each remote host will need its own IP address for this to work. The concentrator can only establish one tunnel per IP address. Externally, both hosts looks like a single host because they are both using the same IP address externally.

Thanks for the reply. I definately understand what your saying here and I will need to pass this info on to the Network Admin at the client site..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: