Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Synchonization Question

haithamnofal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi There,

I have 2 PIX firewalls configured in Active-Passive mode and I have the following questions:

1- How frequnt does the Active PIX synch the configuration to the Passive PIX?

2- Whther I need to issue the "write memory" command on the secondary FW after config synch happens in order to save the config?

3- How frequent do 2 PIX firewalls synch the session table?

Thanks,

Haitham

1 Reply 1

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

1- It does not maintain the configuration synchronization in this way. When the failover pair is first powered up, a synchronization occurs. Beyond that, commands entered on the primary unit are passed to the standby unit in real time. Subsequent "wr mem" commands on the primary unit are replicated to the standby unit thus saving the config on the standby unit. If for some reason you wish to write the config to the standby you can issue the "wr standby" command. This will not, however, save the config to nvram.

2 - No.

3 - I assume you are referring to stateful failover. This is done in real time else the failover could not be stateful.

HTH pls rate!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: