Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 1801 routers using SDM for VPN with ISDN failover

cmsitltd_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a pair of 1801 routers which I have configured broadband access and VPN link using the IPSec site-to-site wizards within SDM. All working well.

I have tried configuring the ISDN as a backup link, again using the SDM wizard, specifying a pingable IP inside the remote VPN site as the object to track in order to initiate a ISDN dial link in the case of VPN failure.

Upon immediately completing the ISDN configuration all internet connectivity is lost. Issuing a show ip route track-table indicates that the tracked object is down.

I've turned on logging for the tracked objects and all i see in the log are timeouts.

Can anyone advise me if it is a viable proposition to get this up and running using SDM or should I abandon and go down the command line route and build up a minimal configuration to test?

If anyone has a working configuration for this scenario that they'd be willing to share i'd be most grateful?

Many thanks,

Paul.

1 Reply 1

cmsitltd_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've also added an attachment with an edited version of the config to remove security details if any could help please?

Many thanks,

Paul.