cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 3DES Ipsec tunnel between PIX 501 and Symantec Velociraptor 7.0

tomt
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems establishing a secure vpn connection between a PIX 501 and Symantec Velociraptor 7.0. As far as I can tell the Ipsec policy, tunnel policy and IKE policies match between the 2 firewalls.

I'm using a pre-share key, ESP-3des-sha Ipsec policyand 3des-sha with perfect secrecy group 1 for IKE.

I'd be happy to cut and past curent configuration if anyone is willing to look and advise.

2 Replies 2

raymong
Level 4
Level 4

Take a look at the following link (under the VPN using IPSec section)

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/

If you still need help after looking over the documentation, you can either re-post with your config or open a TAC case. (be sure to remove your passwords before uploading your config on this forum).

Thank you for your response, these links willl be very useful in the future. Working with a TAC engineer, I was able to establish a VPN tunnel, however there are issues with the tunnel. ICMP and Telnet work through the tunnel but nothing else works. The clients behind the PIX are thin clients that connect through Microsoft-RDP connection or Citrix - ICA connections. As well I am unable to map network drives, browse network shares through network places, authenicate to the domain or connect to my Exhange mail server from the network behind the pix.

From the remote network behind the Symantec Velociraptor, I am able to access network resouces of the netwrok behind the PIX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: