cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a PIX remotely

djboston94
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. I have a Cisco Pix I have to build, but remotely. The way that it setup right now (this is how the client set it up, for installation purposes ONLY)is it is connected to a MS 2003 Server, using the COM Port.My question is how am I going to connect to the Pix to configure it? What is the best way to connect it so that I can remote in to it? Configuring it is no problem done it many times but only when it is front of me and I am consoling into it. I need to have it done by tonight so any help would be very helpful. ALso I am using GOTOMYPC.com (again clients idea not mine) so I have access to the server, I just don't know how to proceed from here. I was told to use Hyper Terminal, but again I am in a Area that I don't know (remoting to the PIX like this. So for an example; The PIX is using Com Port 1 by way of serial. How do I get there. Now if there is an easier way of getting to it please tell me.

2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. basically you need to access the server and then from that server establish a connection ot the PIX using a terminal emulator application such as hyperterminal. this application is under the starts->programs->accessories->connections->HyperTerminal

First of all make sure teh PIX is connected to COM1 and powered up.

From there you need to start a new connection:

1.- give it ay name and click on next

2.- On teh next screen select connect using COM1 and tehn click on OK.

3.- on teh next screen select 9600,8,none,1,none for every paramenter repectively. and tehn click on OK.

4.- hit enter a couple of times and you should be able to see the PIX promtp from there is it the same as configuring the PIX in the same way you have done it before.

I hope it helsp .. please rate if it helps ..

Deleted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card