Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring Address Assignment on VPN 3000 concentrator

I have a Scenario where the VPN 3000 concentrator is configured use DHCP to assign IP addresses to VPN clients. Is it possible to configure the VPN Concentrator such that, Only for one of the groups on the concentrator, Address assignment is done using an Internal Address Pool configured on the VPN Concentrator and the Use DHCP Option would still be used for the other groups.

The Group in question is an internal group.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Configuring Address Assignment on VPN 3000 concentrator

Sure, select the group and hit the Modify Address Pools button, and add an address pool for that group only. Keep your global address assignment parameters to DHCP. Group-specific parameters overwrite the global parameters, so this is all you need.

Re: Configuring Address Assignment on VPN 3000 concentrator

Thanks for your reply. This has been already tried in the lab. we have assigned the address pool for that specific group. In the address management I have checked both use DHCP and use address pool. When I tested the setup, my clients are still getting the ip address from the DHCP. The clients just dont get the ip address from the address pool specified.

Views
Helpful
Replies