cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring dynamic destintation IP addres in a GRE tunnel?

emiliano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I have an issue here..

I wonder if someone knows wether is it possible to configure a dynamic IP address at the "destination command" into a tunnel interface.

Supose we are trying to bring up a VPN connection, so at one side we have a static public address configured in the interface that´s connected to the ISP (let´s call it "interface A" ), and also a tunnel interface whose source address is the same as the interface "A".

At the other side we have PPPoE talking with another ISP who assigns a dynamic IP public address to our router (to the interface dialer 1). Also, we have configured a tunnel interface in this router whose destination address is the one of the interface "A" of the router at the ohter side, and whose source address is the one asigned to the interface "dialer 1".

Is this possible to do? any commands?

And what about if we add encryption to this example?

Thanks,

Emiliano

1 Reply 1

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can do this with ipsec, dynamic to static lan to lan, I have not tried the gre behind it, but you can try.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/ios_804.html .

hope it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: