cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Overlapping Private IP address VPN tunnels on PIX 520

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

MY firm runs Monitoring services for client companies to monitor their networks via VPN tunnels. We currently have about 10 clients and perhaps 50 networks that we NAT thru our PIX.

I have been presented with a situation in which I am taking on another customer with an Internal IP scheme of 192.168.1.0. I already have a 192.168.1.0 network defined in 2 ACL's on my PIX, one to not NAT and the other to match the crypto map. I need to configure my PIX so that i can do the same for both internal networks.

I recently upgraded the code on my PIX to 6.2.2. I know and have read about BI-NAT, but am not quite sure how to configure it.

Will bi-nat work to resolve my issue? Also is it mandatory that a PIX be on the other end of the tunnel at the second company?

Thank You

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

From what I understand, all you may have to need is to get the second customer to do a NAT at his end so that both the IP are different, which can be done with any router (PIX is not mandatory).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: