Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Configuring PIX for SIP

I was wondering if you could help me out. In our office here, we have an Interactive Intelligence Telephony Server with an ip address of In this server, there is also an AudioCodes card used for RTP sessions. This card has the ip address of On our firewall, we have a static NAT mapping to an outside address of The UDP ports 5060 (for SIP) and 16384-32767 (for RTP sessions) are open for this inside addess. The problem we have is that when a call is made to using a SIP client we have, the call is connected but there is no sound. We need to configure the firewall so that when a SIP call is made to our outside address the UDP traffic on ports 16384-32767 go to and UDP traffic on port 5060 go to Is this possible?

Failing that, is it possible to direct all traffic to our outside address to both and

If either way is possible, could you tell me how to do it either using CLI or PDM?

Cisco Employee

Re: Configuring PIX for SIP

You should be able to do this with the following (haven't tested this):

static (inside,outside) netmask

static (inside,outside) udp 5060 5060 netmask

static (inside,outside) tcp 5060 5060 netmask

You'll get a warning that the addresses overlap, but as long as the port-specific statics are above the general static when you do a "wr term" (static's are read from top down), then you should be fine.

CreatePlease to create content