Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring VPN client (PLEASE HELP)

First a brief description of my topology.

Site A: Soho96 (Version 12.2(11)YV) connected to the internet. Behind that is a Pix 501 (Version 6.2(2)). The Pix is configured with IPSEC.

Site B: Soho 77H (ver not sure,don´t have router with me)only. In site B client PC have VPN client 4.0.2 (D) installed.

When I test the VPN client directly connected to the Pix´s outside interface it works, but when I try to connect via the Soho 77H connected to the internet, I get the following answer:cannot contact PEER. The network in between the Pix and Soho 96 is configured with public addresses and NAT has been deactivated in the Soho96. I can also ping the Pix from inside the Soho 77H network.

I think think that maybe the Soho 77H has to be configured to allow IPSEC passthru and that something will also have to be done in the Soho 96.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me a hand with this as this is the first time that I configure VPN.

Thanks

Regards

Fernando

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Configuring VPN client (PLEASE HELP)

Hi Fernando,

If possible can you post your PIX config please (make sure to take out passwords / real IP's etc).

Thanks - Jay.

Views
Helpful
Replies