Views
Helpful
Replies

CONFUSED about CCNP OR CCSP?

atagsssss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I recently just passed the CCNA exam and now am deciding on which path I want to take. Right now I am in school graduating with a Bachelors in Networking in OCTOBER of this year and my only real experience is the hands-on router labs in my college classes. I am really eager to start studying for another certification, and in about 5 years want to go for the CCIE Security or Routing.

My question now is a couple of things.

1. What is a better way to go for a job outlook for the future, CCNP or CCSP?

2. Which one will I probably be making more money in Network Security, or the CCNP Route?

Thank you for all who will respond

2 Replies 2

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

There is no requirement to have CCNP first however the foundation knowledge it provides really does give you a better understanding of networking before jumping straight into security. If you are considering CCIE I would definitely take CCNP first.

To answer your second question, CCSP will probably get you more money.

Hope this helps.

Steve

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

I think "future" of networking is security and VoIP - so I suggest to focus on security.... but CCNP gives you great knowledges about networking.

Also for CCIE security you need much more knowledges about routing than is in CCNP

I suggest to you ( iam using same scenario) CCNP than CCSP and than CCIE security... Also some exams from CCIP (QoS, BGP) are good for CCIE security

Hope that helps