cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to a Cisco VPN Client from Internal Network

iwaforest
Level 1
Level 1

We have our VPN working, no problem. I can get FROM the workstation to the PIX Firewall, and into our internal network. However, I want to see if it is possible to either use VNC or Remote Desktop to connect back to the workstation, once the VPN session is established. Or even map a drive. But before I waste any more time trying to figure it out, I want to see if it's possible. Using a Pix 515, with client version 4.8.00.044 on MS Windows.

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

you can use Remote Desktop/VNC to your inside PC at work and then run another instance of Remote Desktop/VNC to get to your clients on the outside. There is no way to forward the VNC port of your inside PC to the VPN client.

I guess I should rephrase my question.

I really only am going one direction. I want to be able to connect from a system on my internal network, to a system that is connect via a VPN connection. Right, now, I can't seem to do that. Is there something at the firewall that needs to be setup to allow that to work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: