cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to internet through 2 PIX and 2 Routers (complex scenario)

haseeb_eng
Level 1
Level 1

Scenario :- I had installed 2 pix 515 (primary and failover) behind my internet router . My inside network is having 2 WAN routers(with private ip addresses) connecting to 2 different sites(with private ip addresses) . The only way for them to access the internet is to go through current firewall

Requirement:- Now i want to install 2 more pix (primary and failover) behind these 2 wan routers to protect my inside netwok . So they can access only servers in their own dmz and connect to the internet

Before configuring anything on these new PIX i wana confirm the steps with you which i will perform .

-I have to give 2 static routes to these 2 WAN routers so inside users can connect to these 2 sites

-Have to disable NAT

-configure static for dmz servers and apply access list to it .

Please tell me what other steps i need in order to configure the new pix and please tell me how should i allow both the WAN site user to by pass both the PIX firewalls in order to use the internet .Required topology is like this :-

Users-Wan router(inside network)-Pix Firewall(inside network)-Pix Firewall(connecting to internet router)-Internet router . So overall there are 4 hops from WAN site users to internet .

If you need more clarification please let me know

3 Replies 3

haseeb_eng
Level 1
Level 1

CAN'T ANYBODY HELP ME OUT IN THIS ISSUE ?

all u need is just controlling user access behind the wan router? u may simply use access-list on those wan routers.

Ya i know but our customer want this way . And he had allready buy the pix .

?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: