Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connecting through 3000 Concentrator from Windows 98 Client

I am new to this remote world having recently installed a VPN concentrator. This is the 1st time I have tried to connect a Windows 98 remotely through the VPN.

I am connecting to a Mixed mode Win2000/NT Domain. I logon through the concentrator with no problem to the domain. Once I get there and try to attach to a network share is when I have the issue.

Trying to map a drive:

If I try to map a drive to a network share using "map a network drive" from the "My Computer" right click menu. (which I have rights to) it prompts me for a password. Not sure what password it is looking for. Have used my password, and the domain admins password. Both have rights to this share. Neither work. So I dropped down to a command prompt and try a net use from there. Same problem. I know there is a way to logon to a share using a network ID and password. When I do "net use /?" on the windows 98 machine their is no syntax shown to use an ID. So I took the syntax from an XP machine which is "net use x: \\server_name\share_name /user:domain_name\username". This doesn't work either.

Anybody have any Ideas??

Thanks

Mal Leichter

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Connecting through 3000 Concentrator from Windows 98 Client

Make aure you have file and print sharing is enabled. You would also need to specify the domain upon authentication, if not it will send the local domain by default. The authentication fails in your case, because the local domain credentials are authenticated.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content