Views
Helpful
Replies

connection lost / vpn client / dynamic configuration

isk-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would like to change our remote access for mobile user from PPTP to IPSec. PPTP works fine since many years with PIX 520. On the same PIX I terminate the CISCO VPN-Clients. In my tests the connection interrupted in irregularly periods - sometimes 5 min, sometimes 30, 60 or more minutes.

The error message is shown in the attachment.

What?s going wrong?

Thanks a lot.

6 Replies 6

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The VPN Client is disconnecting the session because the VPN Server(Pix) is not responding for some reason.

Try enabling "isakmp keepalive 10 3" command on the pix and see if the tunnel stays up for a longer time.

If you still experience the same problem, then do post the client logs, deb cry isa and deb cry ipsec from the pix.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Hi,

here some new information and the log when the connection break down.

I tested with some different broadband providers. Most connections break off within one hour but there is one connection which works fine (longer than 8 hours).

I tested with different DSL-Router and directly with PPPoE too and experice with MTU - no changes.

Hope this informations and the log-file can help to resolve my problem.

Regards

Helmut

sry, here are the log-file

Hi,

here are the logs after changing "isakmp keepalive 10 3"

Hope it helps.

Regards

Helmut

and the second one

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: