cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection problem with PIX

prerak_patel
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem getting the link up on port 0(internet). I am connecting to a speedstream DSL router. I tried both yellow and orange cable without success. When I plug in the cable for the first time, the green link light does come up but after few second it goes away. Disconnect/Connect does not bring the green link light up, however after rebooting PIX reconnecting cable brings link light up but dies after few seconds. I am really puzzeld. I tried different ports on the DSL router, no luck. Someone please help.

8 Replies 8

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

what are the speed duplex settings of the pix?

interface ethernet0 100full

If I take the cable out from port 0 and plug in to a different PIX port link light comes up on both side. It is something specific to port 0.

Is the other pix interface 100full also? What does the sh int output of that interface look like while connected to the Speedstream?

Yes other interface is also 100 full. Sh int shows link protocol down for Eth0

Can you successfully connect eth0 to anything else? Another switch or something?

Didn't try yet, but should try it.. Now does it need to be cross-over, rol over or straight??

To a switch, straight. To a router or other such device, xover.

clark.d
Level 1
Level 1

Are connecting to Speedstream router or DSL modem? Try auto for speed and see if connects, if it does, I've seen some speedsteams that are 10 half.....

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card