Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Console to failover pix

Hello all,

i have two pix 535 configured for failover. whenever i try to connect console to the standby pix, i get the message "aaa server host machine not responding". I don't have this problem when connecting to the active pix. any ideas?

thanks all

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Console to failover pix

HI,

Have you configured console AAA authentication?

Could it be that for some reason, from failover pix, you are not able to access the AAA server. Just for the curiosty, when u login to failover pix, have you tried to ping the AAA

Thanks

Nadeem

thank you

yes i did but i'm thinking that the AAA would give me back "login incorrect". Also, since the configuration is replicated on both the pix, and i have no problems connecting console to the primary pix, i was assuming that that the same user/pass would work on the standby.

Please forgive my ignorance but once i log into the pix, i'm automatically in the active pix, how do i log into the standby pix other than through the console?

thanks again

Cisco Employee

Hi,

it seems me to that when you connect console to the standby pix, at the time, AAA is unreachable.

in order for you to login to standby pix, try using the failover IP addresses to telnet/ssh.

Thanks

Nadeem

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content