Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Conversion Tool From PIX Ver 6.3 to Ver. 7.x

Hi There,

Does anybody know a tool that converts the config file from PIX 6.3 to version 7.x?

Cisco has a one that converts from Check Point config file to PIX so I wonder if Cisco has a conversion tool for PIX config files.

Regards,

Haitham

3 REPLIES

Re: Conversion Tool From PIX Ver 6.3 to Ver. 7.x

I just upgraded my PIX running 6.3 to 7.0(5) and it converted my config for me. I just followed the instructions on the 100+ upgrade doc that I found on CCO using the "upgrade from CLI" mode. It took about 5 minutes for it to complete and all looks good. I do not have it bakc into production yet as I am also implementing a thrid interface and am still tesing.

Brent

Hi Brent,

I'm sorry may be I was not too clear in describing my case; I agree with you that when doing an upgrade from version 6.3 to version 7.x the config conversion will happen automatically, but in my case I'm migrating from PIX 525 with OS 6.3 to 535 with version 7.1 why I need to know the best way to do the migration and if there's a configuration conversion tool by Cisco.

May be Cisco assumes that the vast majority is doing the upgrade on the same unit why they didn't think of developing a conversion tool.

What do you think?

Bes Regards,

Haitham

Hello Haitham,

There is not a conversion utility out there for moving a pix 6.3 config to a 7.x config. The easiest thing to do is to manually do it in chunks if your not going to do an in place upgrade. I take all my access-lists conver those then setup the ip addys then setup my crypto's and tunnels. Basically just slowly work down through the config. If you need help attached a scrubbed config here and if I have time or someone else does they can help you with the majority.

Patrick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content