cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COPY TFTP FLASH

corey.mckinney
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade my PIX 501 using TFTP. However, every time I do "copy tftp flash" and go through the steps, it tells me "tftp: Timed out attempting to connect"

I verified that my TFTP Server is running and the file is in the directory. Is there some configuration issue I might have on the PIX?

4 Replies 4

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

just wondering if the issue is related to the layer 3 connectivity or the software firewall being installed on the tftp server.

to verify, ping the tftp server from the pix. also, verify whether there is a software firewall installed on the tftp server, which may be blocking the tftp request.

Hi,

Even i have faced these kind of problems when i issue ( copy tftp: fash ) command When these problem occurs i used to copy image through this command

(remote Add) (Image name)

PIX515#copy tftp://192.168.105/pix234.bin: flash

hooe these will help you

Thanks & reguards

Kumar

smartin
Level 1
Level 1

Got the same problem with several different TFTP's.

Try this version !

-download this tftp application (tftpd32) from http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

-extract the exe and change the "current directory" option to C:

-place the bin file on the C: drive

-issue the command clear tftp

-make sure you can ping the system running the tftp application and make sure the host is not running any

antivirus or built in firewall

-try it again

just wondering how you go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: