cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copying config from tftp to pix

cwu
Level 1
Level 1

I know there is a 'write net' command for saving the config onto a tftp server, and there is 'copy t ftp:... ' command for copying an image onto flash, but is there a command that does the reverse of 'wri net'? i.e. download a config, or portion of a config like an access list, from a tftp server?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

rajankumaresan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

help needed from you.I hv tried with write net command..could not successfull.could not copy my PIX flash to tftp.initially i hv upgraded ios from tftp only.but the reverse wise not possible.any comments..thanks..i want to backup PIX flash to tftp

'write net' only copies the config to the tftp server, not the image. I'm not aware of a command to save the image.

Some tftp servers require that the file you're trying to write to already exists and have world-write permission.

The trouble with the PIX is that its OS is not really IOS, though it's been made to look like it.

bdube
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, try "config net"

But don't see this command as a download of a new config. It's not a write over. It's a download of a series of commands.

You can remove lines of config with the syntax "no command" and add new ones with the standard syntax "command".

Regards

There is no 'config net', at least not in 6.1.

pixc# configure net

usage: configure terminal

Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.

pixc#

No 'config net' or 'configure net' on my PIX (525).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card